Manual Handling Operations (NPORS Accredited)
This is designed for all persons who carry our lifting operations manually or supervisors who carry out risk assessments for manual lifting tasks. It is very practical and run in a relaxed and friendly environment.
The course introduces learners to the hazards of handling loads, the risk involved and the control measures available. It also covers the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) 1998, Manual Handling Operations Regulations, employer assessments, employee assessments, risk assessments, risk reduction, correct handling techniques, use of personal protective equipment (PPE), use of mechanical aids and record keeping.
At the end of the course delegates will:
• Understand the role of the first aider and appointed person in the work place
• Correctly maintain and use appropriate equipment
• Understand the importance of basic hygiene in first aid procedures
• Correctly assess the situation and then act quickly, safely and effectively
• Correctly administer first aid to an unconscious casualty
• Correctly administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
• Correctly administer first aid to a casualty who is either in shock or wounded and bleeding
• Correctly administer first aid to a casualty who is chocking
• Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries
• Record incidents and actions in line with required procedures